SAP Business One is arranged in several modules. Whilst each module handles specific business processes, others may be affected due to the integrated nature of the solution For example, an accounts receivable invoice from the Sales module would include an accounting journal or posting within the general ledger in the Financial module, where it will affect the accounts receivable, revenue, cost of goods sold, inventory and output tax accounts. The inventory quantities will also be reduced by this transaction, thus affecting the Inventory module. SAP Business One addresses the following business areas:
- Functional Capabilities
SAP Business One manages financial operations by automating everyday accounting tasks such as maintaining ledger and journal entries, supporting tax calculations and enabling multicurrency transactions. It allows all cash transactions including processing bank statements and payments as well as reconciling accounts. It also manages cash flow, track budgets and compares actuals versus planned figures to gauge the business’s health at any point in time. Additionally, it offers cost accounting via distribution rules.
- Key Capabilities:
- Accounting - automatically handle all key accounting processes, such as jornal entries, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Controlling - accurately manage cash flow, track fixed assets, control budgets, and monitor project costs.
- Simplified - management of fixed assets, the virtual fixed asset function frees you from repetitive manual data entry.
- Banking and reconciliation - quickly process reconciliations, bank statements, and payments by various methods including checks, cash, and bank transfers.
- Financial reporting and analysis - create standard or customized reports from real-time data for business planning and audit reviews.
Sales and customer management
SAP Business One’s tools manage the entire sales process and customer lifecycle – from initial contact through to a sales order and final sale to after-sales service and support. These tools include managing marketing activities via campaigns; storing all customer data in one place and/or synchronizing customer contacts to Microsoft Outlook; a service module to manage service contracts, warranties and service calls; and reporting on all aspects of sales including forecasting and pipeline management. The SAP Business One Sales mobile app allows the sales people to work remotely.
- Key Capabilities:
- Sales and opportunity management - track oppportunities and activities from the first contact to deal closing.
- Marketing campaign management - create, manage, and analyze marketing activities.
- Customer Management - store all critical customer data in one place, synchronize and manage customer contacts stored in Microsoft Outlook.
- Service Management - manage warranty and service contracts efficiently, enter and respond to service calls quickly.
- Reporting and analysis - create detailed reports on all aspects of the sales process, including sales forecating and pipeline tracking, using time saving templates.
- Mobilize your sales team - manage your sales information on the move with SAP Business One Sales mobile app.
Purchasing and inventory control
SAP Business One helps manage the complete order-to-pay cycle including goods receipts, invoices, returns and payments as well as managing landed costs. Integrated reporting tools let you easily compare suppliers and prices (requests for quotations). Purchase analysis can be done for vendors as well as inventory which helps identify best sellers in real time. It also allows for multiple prices lists for both gross and net prices and in multiple currencies.
- Key Capabilities:
- Procurement - track oppportunities and activities from the first contact to deal closing.
- Master data management - manage detailed data in a user-friendly interface, view account balance and purchase analyses, and maintain detailed item purchasing information with price lists and tax information.
- Warehouse and accounting integration - achieve real-time synchronization of goods receipts and inventory warehouse levels.
- Process accounts payable - invoices cancellation, and credit memos with a PO reference; plan your material needs; and schedule your purchase acccordingly.
- Easier, up-to-date reporting - generate reports with real-time data and display them in various report formats or dashboards.
In SAP Business One inventory can be managed in one of the following three valuation methods: standard costing, moving average or FIFO. As it is fully integrated information about inbound and outbound shipments, item location (down to bins), stock transfers between multiple warehouses, inventory and cycle counts is all maintained in real time. It also has availability checks, discounting and setting up of special pricing. Inventory levels are also managed using material requirements planning (MRP) to fulfil production orders. It caters for multiple units of measure.
- Key Capabilities:
- Warehouse and inventory management - manage inventory using various costing models, maintain item master data, and use multiple units of measure and pricing.
- Bin location management - manage stock in multiple warehouses, by dividing each one into multiple subzones, set up allocation rules, optimize stock movement, and reduce picking times.
- Goods receipt and issue control - record goods receipts and issues; track stock locations and transfers; enable consignment, drop-ship, and other orders; and perform inventory and cycle counts.
- Production and material requirements planning - create and maintain multilevel bills of materials (BOMs), issue and release production orders manually or by backflush, and globally maintain prices for BOMs.
- Efficient reporting - generate reports with timely data and display them in various formats or dashboards.
SAP Business One helps manage a project from start to finish by centralizing all project transactions, documents, resources and activities. It helps monitor the progress of tasks and stages of projects and subprojects. It also offers reports on various aspects of projects including stage analysis, open issues and resources. Resources are defined as a commodity, machine, labor or any other asset all of which have limited capacity consumable during the project within a production order. SAP Business One offers a base for light manufacturing capabilities using resources and production.
- Key Capabilities:
- Reporting creation and customization - access data from multiple sources, create new reports, and customize existing ones in a variety of layouts with minimal IT overhead.
- Interactive analysis - use with standard MS Excel features to create reports and see your business from new angles.
- Intuitive tools - drag and relate, drill downs, search assistance and workflow-based alerts.
- Analytics plus pre-defined KPIs (key performance indicators) help you to see average delivery variance days, top five sales employees.
- Enhance your reports - with powerful visualization by integrating SAP Lumira for SAP Business One.
Analytics and reporting
Together with the fully integrated SAP Crystal Reports for SAP Business One you can create dashboards and reports that provide insight into all business areas, reports that provide insight into all business areas. Intuitive, interactive drill-down functionality helps you get answers to your most pressing questions. Employees can address customer needs faster, and managers can accurately track revenues, costs and cash flow to assess performance and take quick corrective action.
For even faster information access, the SAP HAHA version for SAP Business One provides powerful analytics in real time, amking it easier for users to search SAP Business One for the information you need and create standard or ad hoc reports in a moment.